Dwarsverband was founded in September 2009 by Remco Hoogma:
- 1986-1992 Chemistry, University of Nijmegen.
- 1992-2000 researcher at University of Twente, Department of Philosophy of Science and Technology. Specialization in environmental technology and innovation.
- Studies for the Dutch government, European Commission, SEP (former organization of electricity producers), and scientific publications. Experience in interdisciplinary and international research projects.
- 2000 Ph.D. thesis on electric vehicles innovations.
- 2000-2009 Novem, later SenterNovem, the Netherlands agency for energy and innovation. Advisor for various government programs. Specialist for propulsion and alternative fuels. Participant and co-ordinator of European research projects.
- 2005-2009 secretary to the Energy Transition Platform on Sustainable Mobility.
- 2009 founded Dwarsverband.